Winfield UMC Latest COVID-19 Update
WORSHIP SERVICE AND PROGRAMS AVAILABLE ONLINE
SEE LATEST UPDATE BELOW
- In keeping with the latest directive from the Arkansas UMC district office, the reopening process for Arkansas United Methodist Churches may begin May 31. Churches can conduct small outdoor study groups or Bible Studies of 10 or fewer people if CDC and State Department of Health guidelines are strictly enforced. This would allow for small Sunday School classes, Bible Study, and other team meetings.
- It is anticipated that in-person events for groups of 50 or fewer persons will begin in Mid-June, if the guidelines provided by the CDC and the Arkansas Department of Health are strictly followed. This is when we could consider holding worship services at Winfield with precautions and protocols in place in consideration of the health and well-being of our members and visitors.
- In keeping with Arkansas Annual Conference Guidance, the safe reopening of Winfield UMC will involve the following elements in the coming weeks and months:
-- Strictly following guidelines from the CDC and the Arkansas Department of Health
-- Appropriate social distancing and sanitizing
-- Cooperation from members and visitors who are symptomatic or in an at-risk population
-- Awareness of the unique characteristics of Winfield UMC
-- Constant evaluation of available medical data
- Winfield's Relaunch Team has begun meeting to make plans for how and when we might start holding worship services at the church again. When we do decide to resume meeting together for worship, we'll have procedures in place to ensure, as best we can, the health and well-being of all our members and visitors.
Remember the church bills continue so please mail in your pledges and/or offerings to the church at 20100 Cantrell Rd., Little Rock AR 72223, or contact Gaye Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange account auto-drafts. Your consideration is greatly appreciated. For more information, visit the website "Giving" page linked below.
Update - Sun., May 24, 2020
- Listen to the latest sermon from Pastor Vida Williams, entitled "Are We There Yet?", based on Acts 1:1-11, by clicking on "Listen to the Latest Sermon" on the homepage. Kathy Cooper's beautiful piano and organ selections, "God Bless America" and "Heralds of Christ" ("God of Our Fathers) are fitting in honor of this Memorial Day weekend.
- Visit our Sermons and Music Special page by clicking on the Sermons link featured on our homepage. Then click "Latest Sermon" and you'll find the latest sermon as well as recent sermons and special music. It is our hope these bring you joy, comfort, peace and help all of us feel more connected during these unusual times. We'd appreciate your using the form provided on the Sermons page to let us know you're listening.
Remember the extreme hardship this time may be causing for some of our members or those in our community, and let us know how we can pray for you. Please submit prayer requests using the Prayer Request card on the website homepage or by clicking on the "Prayer Request" page link below.